Become a Bushwick Food Coop member:
2. Attend an Orientation.* Be sure to sign in!
3. At Orientation, or in the store:
- Fill out the MEMBERSHIP AND WORK SIGNUP FORM.
- Pay the MEMBERSHIP FEE or first installment. This life-time $50 fee and can be paid in installments of $10 every 4 weeks. It must be paid in the store with either cash or check; keep your receipt. The low income member fee is $15 and can be paid in installments of $5/4wks. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you qualify.
- Sign up for a STORE SHIFT OR COMMITTEE WORK. The minimum work requirement to remain an active member with ordering and voting privileges is 4 hours per month.
*If you can’t make it to an Orientation or General Monthly Meeting, please talk to the manager in the store.
ALL MEMBERS ARE OWNERS — THIS IS YOUR COOP!
Why become a member?
- Community. Communities that work together stay together.
- Food. Sustainable and affordable food; shop in a non-profit-driven environment. Have a say in what you see on the shelves.
- Affordable. By working together we reduce overhead and can charge ourselves a much lower markup — 24% as opposed a more standard 100%.
- Shop at member prices.
- Special order bulk at reduced markup.
- Reserve food items.
Stay a member: work.
If a member doesn’t fulfill the work requirement of 4 hrs/month, or gets behind on fee installments, that member will be placed on “alert” and given a grace period of one month to get in good standing. If that member still doesn’t meet the requirements after one month, then s/he is “suspended”. Suspended members relinquish membership privileges until which time they fulfill the membership requirements.
All forms can be found in the MEMBER AREA.
If you’d like to join the Bushwick Food Coop google group please send a request here: http://groups.google.com/group/bushwickfoodcoop
For any questions pertaining to membership, please email: email@example.com